Monday, August 1, 2011

DIY Nursery Mobile

For Little Man's Nursery, I wanted a cute mobile that matched his room, but could not find anything I liked. So I made my own!!




One night after work, I roamed the craft store for probably 3 hours looking for anything fun that I thought I could use in Little Man's room! While there I found these great wooden circles that were sold in sets of 6 nesting circle rings with a solid 4 inch circle in the middle. They came white, so I snagged about 4 packages of these circles!

These are all of my supplies, plus one set of the white rings in the center of the table. (For my DIY mobile I only used these circles, ribbon and the acrylic craft paint in this picture!)Here are my circles painted with a first coat of blue paint!
To make my personal mobile, I found these cute little characters that were the same colors as the bedding I bought for the room. These were on super sale because they were considered Christmas ornaments, so they were way off season! I just looped the little animals onto the mobile so in the future if I want too, I can easily remove them from the mobile and they are not ruined!

I wanted the mobile to be sturdy, since it would hang above Little Man's crib. So I used a small nail to tack the ribbon in place. I tried glue, but that was not working as I hoped, so I found the nails worked the best. To hang the bears, I used little hooks and screwed them into the wood.

This is my finished mobile with my painted circles on the wall! To paint the circles on the rings, I traced a button with a pencil and free handed them!

No comments:

Post a Comment