Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Refinished Dining Room Table and Chairs

My dining room table and chairs set is finally complete! I started sanding the table in May! But could not decide on chairs and then fabric for the chairs! I am SOO happy with how it turned out!


I blogged about refinishing the table previously, you can view it here!

After I was done sanding my table, I realized there was no way I would have the patience to refinish the chairs, so I was in search of "new" chairs that I could use instead. I found these lovely chairs on Craig's List for $15 a piece. They started off SOO ugly!!!!





I was afraid to remove the cushion to see what was there! I gave these chairs several coats of spray paint. I did spray prime these before using about 8 cans of Rustoleaum Heirloom White.


So ugly!!!


The hold up, was I was not able to figure out what fabric to use to upholster the chairs!! Below are a few fun patterns / prints I enjoyed!


I went to the store thinking that I wanted to do gray or gray and yellow, and these were my only choices! I do really like these prints.


My newly upholstered chair! And I realize I did not take any pictures of the upholstery part! It was SOOOO easy!!


My finished chair and finished table! I LOVE IT!!




8 comments:

  1. Oh these turned out so cute! I love the fabric you choose- you really gave those chairs a whole new life. I'd love it if you'd check out the giveaway I'm having on my blog for a Dremel Saw Max!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those re-upholstered chairs look so fresh and go well with the table!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I keep seeing people remake chairs and it makes me want to try it. Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH! Your chairs are FABULOUS!! WOW!!

    Deborah (happily visiting from http://upcyclingmylife.blogspot.com...hope you'll take a minute to stop by too...)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Revishing dining table and chairs are available in some of the renowned website. I have searched for myself and found something really good from those. Maybe I will buy a set of dining table and chairs for my apartment when I get paid.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dining table and chairs are essential to the functioning of every home. The dining table is not only where meals are eaten, but it is also the venue where food is served when guests are invited to the house. It is just right to make it perfectly fine.

    dining table and chairs

    ReplyDelete